WHAT DOES STATUARIO MEAN?
The word derived from a Greek word that means “to sparkle, flash, and gleam,” Italian Marble is undoubtedly one of the most luxurious materials in the world. Statuario is the most precious marble variety found in Italy. It has distinctive veining that can range from gold to gray.
The Statuario marble is a very exclusive white marble from Italy that is presently using in several high-standard and exclusive projects. This article will explore some of the best quality selections and some of the most popular types of this marble.
WHY CHOOSE STATUARIO MARBLE?
For ages, marble has been used in architectural and interior designs and is priced for whiteness, its beauty, and many more types of qualities as it delivers a one-of-a-kind classic look that can be adapted to any decor.
One such marvelous marble said to be the finest of all in the world, is Statuario Marble.
The mountain quarries of Statuario marble are located above Carrara in Italy and has limited availability and high demand. The low availability of this marble makes it rare to find and in high demand.
Let’s see some facts and actuality about this rare marble and find out what makes it so distinct, remarkable, and popular amongst interior designers and architects around the globe.
- The Statuario White marble of the Carrara region in Italy is one of the most precious marbles in the world. In fact, Very few materials can compete with its transparent sheen and incredibly compact design. The main types of this marble are the White Statuario Venatino Marble, which has veins in shades of grey of various sizes, and the White Statuario Marble with thin veins.
- Many Italian artists have created real masterpieces with the Statuario marble for ages, like the “Amore e Psiche” by and Michelangelo’s David sculpture between, entirely carved in a single block. Today, this material is used to express luxury and magnificence especially for furnishing elements such as fireplaces, sculptures, and special design creations in villas or hotels.
- White Statuario is the marble widely used in interior design projects and the physical characteristics of this marble make it more suitable for use in environments protected from humidity and environmental factors.
- Statuario marble is an ideal and reliable stone for indoor area applications. This marble variety works well in a large tile format space, or in the form of countertop slabs, book-matched backsplashes, TV walls, or wall panels.
Our Managing Director Mr. DC Bhandari personally travels to the best quarries across the world to curate the rarest marble, granite, and onyx that natural resources have to offer us. Each slab is then finely cut and polished and displayed for you to select from, at our showroom.
WHY STATUARIO MARBLE IS THAT EXPENSIVE
Statuario marble has a brighter white background for its gray veining, versus any other marble. This coloration makes statuario highly desirable and therefore one of the more expensive marble slabs in the market.
The most common Italian marble is Carrara, named for the region it comes from. “Carrara has a gray field, or background,” “with a light gray veining.” This stone can also tend toward blue-gray, and the patterning is usually soft and feathery.
Many homeowners feel that a whiter marble looks more luxurious. They might opt for Calacatta marble, “Calacatta has a field that’s bright white, and a lot more variation in color than Carrara,” The veins are thick and dramatic and can range in color from gold to brown to beige to dark gray.
And then there’s Statuary marble—whose name serves as a reminder that some of the world’s greatest statues are carved from marble. It too comes from the Carrara region. “Statuary also has a bright white field, but not as much color variation as Calacatta,” “The veins are usually dark gray, so there’s a lot of contrast between light and dark in this marble.”
ADVANTAGES OF STATUARIO MARBLE
- Statuario marble is used to give a high-end look to the home, It is used as a decorative feature for the flooring, walls, bathroom, kitchen countertops, tabletops, and so on.
- Statuario marble has a very high lustre, and is a very soft stone with a crystal-like appearance.
- Statuario marble slabs are one of the best options for flooring material due to their beautiful and pure white look
- Statuario marble is the most likely choice for homes as the white color adds elegance and create serenity in the atmosphere.
ADD BY EXPERT AND EXPORT TEAM OF BHANDARI MARBLE GROUP KISHANGARH, RAJASTHAN, INDIA CONTACT 9829040013