WHITE ITALIAN MARBLE- A CLASSIC CULT FAVOURITE OF ARCHITECTS AND INTERIOR DESIGNERS:
Italian Marble has stood the test of time. Quarried in Italy, Italian Marble has a popular reputation of being a symbol of class and fine taste among home-owners and designers. The quarries of Italy have access to some of the best raw materials in the world. The quality, selection, cutting, processing, and packaging are all of the utmost quality. The technology employed is also class-apart and some of the best that can be seen in the industry.
CHARACTERISTICS OF ITALIAN MARBLE:
• Among several other advantages, Italian marble is also highly lustrous, pearly, and luminous in its looks. This simply means that the gloss factor in Italian Marble is next to none.
• Although there are endless color options to choose from, more than 40% of the buyers come looking for colours such as white, grey, beige, grey, and rose hues.
• As compared to Indian Marble, Italian Marble is softer. This makes it the perfect stone or sculptures and monuments because this allows easy carving and molding of the stone surface.
• Due to its softness, it’s usually used in a thickness of 18-20mm. At this thickness, the stone is considered fairly durable and good to be used in almost all general applications.
• At Bhandari Marble Group, the material is available in all sizes, including custom sizes.
• The slabs or marble tiles are available polished, semi-polished or unpolished as per the requirements of our clients. This makes Bhandari Marble Group an ideal choice for all your custom projects.
• Italian Marble needs a highly-skilled craftsman to handle it. This is why, Bhandari Marble Group uses the art and experience of some of the best, most talented Italian Marble craftsmen.
• Italian marble is known for its fine veins and a lustrous sheen. The most well-known varieties are the white or blue-grey marble from Carrara, the pearly shades of Botticino, and the creamy white Pavonazzetto or Red Verona.
COST OF ITALIAN MARBLE:
Marble from Italy is among the finest in the world and is accordingly priced—with the cheapest varieties starting from Rs 200 per square foot, and the more exclusive, fine stones costing even Rs 4000 for a square foot. Creamy Calacatta marble with its feathery veins and Carrara are classified as Group A. These are available only at the lower depths of quarries.
TYPES OF WHITE ITALIAN MARBLE:
This popular white marble has a clean look with its subtle gray hues. You can spot Carrara marble by looking at the type of veining contrasted against the white/light gray background, as it’s typically thin, linear, and feathery versus dark, sharp, and bold.
This classic Italian marble comes from a quarry in Carrara, Italy, making it one of the more valuable and favoured white marble stones. More dramatic-looking than Carrara, this marble takes on a warm white tone and contains a mixture of beige/gold and grey veins that vary in size.
Statuario marble contains the subtle gray hues found in Carrara with similar gray veining that you’ll find in Calacatta slabs. This stone is a very bright white in color, also making it incredibly valuable.
Thassos marble is crystal white in color and comes from the island Thassos in Greece. This marble is distinguished by its almost glowing, sparkling appearance. Popular even in ancient times, Thassos marble is excellent for reflecting light and brightening up space.
Mystery White Marble
Mystery white is a marble stone that has been used for centuries. The white marble gives off a clean and pure look with its white background and cream-colored veining throughout. This marble looks soft and is ideal for those who love the appearance of marble but prefer a lighter contrast in their marble veining.
White Himalaya Marble
This other Greek marble, White Himalaya (or Volakas), has similar characteristics to Carrara. The veins of White Himalaya marble can range from gray and brown to slightly purple-colored hues, all atop the solid white background.
THE BEST OF THE BEST- STATUARIO MARBLE’S CHARM IS UNMATCHED:
The mountain quarries of Statuario marble are located above Carrara in Italy and they have limited availability and high demand. The low availability of this marble makes it more of a rare find.
Extracted in the Carrara area, the Statuario white marble has a bright white background crossed by medium-wide grey veins. Thanks to its unique aesthetic properties, it lifts up the face of any interior project.
FACTS ABOUT STATUARIO MARBLE:
• The Statuario White marble of the Carrara region is one of the most precious marbles in the world. Very few materials, in fact, can compete with its transparent sheen and incredibly compact structure.
• This material is used to express luxury and magnificence especially for furnishing elements such as fireplaces, sculptures, and special design creations.
• White Statuario is the stone widely used in interior design projects and the physical characteristics of this marble make it suitable for use in environments protected from humidity and environmental factors.
• Statuario marble is an ideal stone for indoor applications. This marble variety works well in a large tile format, in the form of countertop slabs, book-matched backsplashes, or wall panels.
• The Statuario marble features are the same white and grey hues found in Carrara, with grey veining similar to that which you’ll find in Calacatta slabs. This marble is bright white in color and is pricier and more sought-after marble available on the market.
STONE PROFILE- STATUARIO MARBLE:
Appearance: Statuario marble is a more exclusive stone with distinct grey and gold veining throughout and a striking, bold pattern. This marble is considered to be one of the major white marbles. Statuario marble contains heavy, bold veining mixed with thinner patterns.
Origin: Statuario marble is also quarried in Italy. The mountain quarries of Statuario marble are located above Carrara. Statuario has limited availability and high demand. The low availability of this marble makes it more of a rare find.
Application: Statuario marble is an ideal stone for indoor applications such as kitchen countertops and backsplashes, bathroom vanities, and floor tiles. Statuario marble should not be used for exterior applications.
Note that regardless of the type of marble you decide to use in your space, all marbles should be sealed before use to reduce the appearance of stains and sustain the integrity of the stone. Light scratching will also occur with all marbles mentioned. Since marble is a natural stone it will age and change with time.
We personally invite designers and architects to find the exclusive quality stone for all types of projects.
For more information, follow our Twitter and Instagram or give us a call to receive a free quote and consultation from our team of experts.
ADD BY EXPERT AND EXPORT TEAM OF BHANDARI MARBLE GROUP CONTACT 9829040013